Saturday, September 29, 2012

Check In

Got up this morning, ate breakfast and headed out like a baby. It was only about a forty-five minute drive to the FBI Academy from Thornburg. I had no problem finding the academy and the reception area. The complex here is large and confusing, at first. I am certain, though, that I will be able to navigate with ease, soon.

I am rooming with a guy from the Ludington, MI Police Department. Ironic that I was born and raised in Michigan and now my room mate is from my birth state. One of our suite mates is from Hawaii and the other is from Colorado. Colt from Colorado came to Tulsa a couple of times recently for the national SWAT competition, held at the USSA, adjoining the Tulsa Police Training Division. It sure is a small world.

There was a tour at 3:00 p.m. of the complex. There was a lot of information packed into that tour. I will be doing a lot of asking for directions in the next couple of weeks.

The cafeteria will reopen soon, and since I have only had a small protein bar since breakfast, I am looking forward to a good, healthy dinner.

Update...The food at the cafeteria was really good. There is a wide selection and the food is tasty.

Went to "The Boardroom" for a couple of beers and the opportunity to meet some more of my fellow classmates. I sat at a table and had good conversations with a Marine Corps Officer, a lieutenant from Detroit P.D., a guy from Florida and my room mate. I am in the company of good people. This will be a great adventure.

We have free time until 6:30 p.m. tomorrow. It will be good to get out, explore and talk with the others in the session. An early run in the morning will do me good.


No comments:

Post a Comment