Sunday, September 30, 2012

Settling In

I lied. A run will not do me good. Let me rephrase that. Running, as a cardiovascular activity is a good thing, and in the long term, will do me good. It was just that at 6:30 a.m. on the Academy track, I was not feeling that it was doing me anything but harm. I did it anyway. I ran for thirty minutes, at a nice leisurely pace. Deer walked out onto the grass surrounding the track and watched. I know when I turned my back they were mocking me, but that will change as the training comes...

Breakfast was great. Got to sit and eat with a guy from North Dakota, a guy from Minnesota and a guy from Michigan. Like last night, this is a good crowd and I am certainly humbled to be here.

I am doing laundry this morning. Washers and dryers are free to use. One just has to supply their own cleaning supplies. Very nice touch.

Spent the remainder of the morning and afternoon getting better organized and exploring the complex. I may never get to see everything here in eleven weeks.

After dinner tonight, there was a short mandatory homeroom meeting, followed by the first entire session meeting in the auditorium. My section has only one female, but we have ten of the twenty-nine international attendees.

In the session meeting, we were welcome by the Unit Chief for the FBI Academy, the international attendees were asked to stand and recognized (what a varied and great group of men and women!), and we saw a DVD on what to expect. I still haven't got a chance to meet any of my fellow Oklahomans, but maybe I'll bump into them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment