Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cold is Cold

Got up this morning and went for a 6:45 a.m. outdoor track run with my suite mate, Jared, who is from Honolulu. He now officially hates me for talking him into this. We misread the temperature when we were going to the gym and thought it was going to be in the mid to upper 40's for our run. Unfortunately, that was the high for the day. The morning run was temperature was about 38 degrees. Yes, it was cold. 32.5 minutes later, the run was down and we walked about another 4 minutes as a cool down. No wonder the run in my FBINA moisture wicking shirt and shorts was so darned cold. I did clearly hear a small buck that was out along the track say, "Idiots," as we ran by him. The good thing, the run is over for the day.

Did some laundry and watched an episode of Revolution (NBC) on my computer. I enjoy that series. Lunch is in mere minutes and then a carload of us are going to drive to the Metro train station about 10 miles from here, board the Metro train for Washington, D.C. and go on an exploration walking tour. We'll see what is out there and explore our nation's capitol.

Four of us (Jeff-UNLV, NV Police, Joe-El Paso County, TX Sheriff's Office, Dale-Lino-Lakes, MN Police and I) took the Metro Blue-line train from the Franconia-Springfield station ($14.00 24-hour pass) to the Metro Center station. I could write volumes about our walking tour, but we spent about 7 hours walking and visiting monuments on the west end of the mall. I took 119 digital images. Here are 9 representative shots. The capitol of the United States of America is both beautiful and an amazing receptacle of people, memories, history, culture and artifacts. God surely has blessed this nation. You can click on the images to enlarge them. Enjoy.









 
Back in the room at about 10:00 p.m. I am tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment