Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Beginning of Classes

Got up early, showered and went to breakfast. Sat with a guy from Vancouver, B.C., Canada and a gal from Buenas Aires, Argentina . He is in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I didn't ask her who she worked for, but I'll ask her later. She has been to the United States three times before, but this is her first time in an all English speaking environment. Speaking of that, the Academy assumes that all attendees have the ability to both understand and speak English. Some are better than others, including me....

Classes begin in an hour.

Attended four classes today (Executive Leadership, Seminar in Investigating Interviewing, Fitness in Law Enforcement, and Interviewing Strategies Through Statement Analysis). All were interesting and informative for day one. Most of today's class times were spent on housekeeping items and course expectations/overviews. Not too bad.

For the Fitness in Law Enforcement class, were were physically assessed. We did blood pressure/resting heart rate, height/wight measurements, waist (navel) circumference, plank pushups, shoulder flexibility, shoulder mobility, single leg lunges (both legs), maximum pushups (with detailed performance standards and a cadence...no cheating), and then a one-mile timed run. A paramedic was not summoned for me, so I was happy. To be honest, I did better in some categories than I expected. I can't recall all of the 'measurements,' so I can't list them all. Hopefully, we can get a before and after report, to see our progress at the end.

I am more than pleased, so far.

After classes was dinner, an off-base trip to Walmart in Quantico and homework.

Today was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment